Android the most popular OS for tablet and smartphones.?
We use smartphone every moment , to take a picture , send text message , browsing internet etc…
But is not the device who make all this , in fact , what make your smartphone do many thing in one time , is your OS .
Some research prove that more than 70.2% of smartphone use Android , but what make him as this popularity ?.
Android google Os is more practicable and easy to use vs other Os’s like Ios (apple iPhone, iPad …), and windows phone.
Android stared in 5 November 2007.
Since that , google support the new OS with update .
In this table you see how many android version and date release :
|Code name||Version number||Initial release date||API level||Support status|
|(none)||1.0||September 23, 2008||1||Unsupported|
|(none)||1.1||February 9, 2009||2||Unsupported|
|Cupcake||1.5||April 27, 2009||3||Unsupported|
|Donut||1.6||September 15, 2009||4||Unsupported|
|Eclair||2.0 – 2.1||October 26, 2009||5 – 7||Unsupported|
|Froyo||2.2 – 2.2.3||May 20, 2010||8||Unsupported|
|Gingerbread||2.3 – 2.3.7||December 6, 2010||9 – 10||Unsupported|
|Honeycomb||3.0 – 3.2.6||February 22, 2011||11 – 13||Unsupported|
|Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0 – 4.0.4||October 18, 2011||14 – 15||Unsupported|
|Jelly Bean||4.1 – 4.3.1||July 9, 2012||16 – 18||Unsupported|
|KitKat||4.4 – 4.4.4||October 31, 2013||19||Unsupported|
|Lollipop||5.0 – 5.1.1||November 12, 2014||21 – 22||Unsupported|
|Marshmallow||6.0 – 6.0.1||October 5, 2015||23||Supported|
|Nougat||7.0 – 7.1.1||August 22, 2016||24 – 25||Supported|
Android make us see the smartphone look better for daily uses .
Don’t forget that Android is a open source , so we find many modification on it .
Like Samsung ( touch-wiz ) , Huawei (Emui) , ……. .
The idea is changing user experience , but it the same Os , the same option , only few features change from a brand to other .
Also , google android provide a store ( play store) contain huge library of applications that easy to download and to use.
For example who still use Facebook from navigator ?
Or sending text message via cellphone operator ?
you get the idea.
Android 7.0 Features
The Android 7.0 comes with new features and more options.
- Now you can switch between apps with a double tap, and run two apps side by side. So go ahead and watch a movie while texting, or read a recipe with your timer open.
*Battery & Data
- Doze : Doze is now Dozier, with your device going into lower power usage when you’re on the move. That means your Android device will conserve battery even when it’s jostling around in your pocket.
- Data saver: Limit how much data your device uses with Data Saver. When Data Saver is turned on, apps in the background won’t be able to access cell data
- Bundled notifications: See what’s new at a glance with bundled notifications from individual apps. Simply tap to view each alert.
- Direct reply: Direct reply lets you quickly reply to a message, directly from within the notification shade. So, you no longer need to launch the app to fire off a quick response.
- Notification controls: When a notification pops up, just press and hold to toggle the settings. For instance, you can silence future alerts from an app in the notification itself.
- Accessibility settings in setup: It’s easier than ever before for you to discover and configure accessibility features on your new device. Set magnification gesture, font size, display size, and Talk-back right out of the box.
- Display size: Not only can you change the size of the text on your device, but the size of all the display elements like icons and images.
- Accessibility mono output: Accessibility mono output assists users with hearing loss in one ear by combining stereo left and right channel output to a single mono stream.
- Variable text to speech speed: Variable text to speech speed increases productivity of text to speech users by allowing setting wider range for speech speed and pitches.
Also , Android Nougat support VR Mode , and comes with Vulkan™ API witch is a real game changer with high-performance 3D graphics.